Have your cake and eat it too with this festive forté-life recipe - it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups almond meal
- 2 small, ripe bananas (the flesh of mine weighed 200 grams)
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 50grams vanilla forté-life
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Grease a 18cm round cake tin (we use a spring form pan but if you are using a cake tin, then line it also).
- Place the zest, juice, raisins, currants, cranberries and almonds into a medium-sized saucepan. Heat until the juice starts to boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the almond meal, banana, dates, spices, vanilla and salt into your processor. Blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a smooth, thick batter. Stir through the raisin mixture.
- Spoon the cake mix into your prepared tin and use damp hands to smooth over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 30 minutes. If you are using a spring form pan remove the sides and allow the cake to cool completely.